Re: ISSUE-137 (including XML includes)

On 12 Sep 2008, at 11:11, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the summary of the problem, which addresses my
> understanding of the issue. The idea of having an inclusion mechanism
> in addition to imports seems like a reasonable idea and I would
> support such a move in general. However the proposal to link it to XML
> raises issues - there are different serializations of RDF and it is
> preferable to have a solution that is independent of a particular
> serialization, as others have pointed out in different discussions
> earlier in the working group. In addition the use of the general power
> of XInclude and XPointer seems like substantially more than what is
> needed here, and may impose implementation burden as the technology is
> not afaik, not widely deployed.

I'm  not sure how unwidely deployed it is, a simple googling reveals:
	http://www.altova.com/dev_portal_xinclude.html
	http://www.jeckle.de/freeStuff/xia/index.html
	http://xincluder.sourceforge.net/
	http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xinclude-transformer.html
	http://developer.mozilla.org/En/XInclude
	http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xinclude.html
	http://www.topxml.com/code/cod-431_9761_xincludenet-10.aspx
		http://www.tkachenko.com/blog/archives/000547.html

Actually, I think the last is pretty dispositive. If it's bundled
with .NET it's ipso facto widely available. If it's in libxml,
likewise. It's er..."included"...with XMLSpy...