Fwd: comments on rdf:text solicited

From: Jie Bao <baojie@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:45:40 -0400
To: "W3C OWL Working Group" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Subject: comments on rdf:text solicited
To: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>, public-rdf-text@w3.org

Dear all,

find at

the prefinal version of the rdf:text datatype, now with
Xquery/Xpath-style built-in functions added.

I have added a rudimentary set of built-ins.
The most essential ones are those from seciton 4.1. to assemble and
disassemble rdf:text.

The others (sections 4.2, 4.3) are mostly syntactic sugar, which is
shown by for most of them also a declared XQuery function being given
to emulate them. Still, I think these are important enough to be kept
in the spec.

An exception is  fn:matches-language-range which exposes language
range matching as defined in RFC 4647 (part of BCP-47) as a built-in

I think thee cover the most essential functions needed for rdf:text.

The RIF versions of these will be defined in an update of DTB, along
with examples how to emulate (min-/max-length, etc.) facets using
these functions in RIF rules.

Please comment until mid next week latest, since the OWL group really
needs this document to be finished.

Dr. Axel Polleres, Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)

Everything is possible:
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:Resource.
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subPropertyOf.
rdf:type rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf.
rdfs:subClassOf rdf:type owl:SymmetricProperty.