Fwd: comments on rdf:text solicited

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Subject: comments on rdf:text solicited
To: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>, public-rdf-text@w3.org

Dear all,

find at
 http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/InternationalizedStringSpec

the prefinal version of the rdf:text datatype, now with
Xquery/Xpath-style built-in functions added.

I have added a rudimentary set of built-ins.
The most essential ones are those from seciton 4.1. to assemble and
disassemble rdf:text.

The others (sections 4.2, 4.3) are mostly syntactic sugar, which is
shown by for most of them also a declared XQuery function being given
to emulate them. Still, I think these are important enough to be kept
in the spec.

An exception is  fn:matches-language-range which exposes language
range matching as defined in RFC 4647 (part of BCP-47) as a built-in
function.

I think thee cover the most essential functions needed for rdf:text.

The RIF versions of these will be defined in an update of DTB, along
with examples how to emulate (min-/max-length, etc.) facets using
these functions in RIF rules.

Please comment until mid next week latest, since the OWL group really
needs this document to be finished.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres, Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)

Everything is possible:
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:Resource.
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subPropertyOf.
rdf:type rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf.
rdfs:subClassOf rdf:type owl:SymmetricProperty.

--
Jie
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~baojie