RE: A proposal for resolving the punning issue (ISSUE-114) + a related proposal for a tweak to the annotation system

Hello,

Well then, a:Aquilla would be returned in an answer to the question "Give me all the individuals".

> > URI is already a class in the metamodel. Entities such ash Individual, Class, etc. do not subclass
> URI; rather, they reuse URI by  composition. This seems to be more appropriate: you have one and only
> one URI, but different views use it.
>
> > I guess a tool should display the URI as an annotation value. But this is probably getting into too
> much detail: we wouldn't specify this in our spec, would we? I guess the best we can do is give an
> example of the sort I gave above.
>
> I agree that it shouldn't be in the spec, but I think we should have
> at least some story. It might be something worth mentioning in the
> primer or other user facing document. The case I am considering is
> when the URI has multiple views, and a tool such as protege has to
> enable comfortable interaction with the annotation value URI.

In the Structural Spec I can stipulate that the resulting thing is a URI and not an entity (view). I can do this in an example.

Regards,

	Boris