Re: SKOS in OWL 2

wow, this was really helpful for me - it clarifies some questions i
had related to SKOS.  Am I right in assuming that, if S11 was resolved
in some way to be in OWL 2 DL (e.g., by replacing rdfs:label with an
object property owl:label as suggested before), then S56-S58 would
also automatically fall into OWL 2 DL?

On 2 Oct 2008, at 00:18, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> Here is my translation of the SKOS specification into OWL 2.  I
> grabbed
> the 62 statements of the spec and put the OWL 2 translation after each
> of them (except for the ones that aren't OWL 2).
>
> I've included this both in-line (for easy perusal) and as a binary
> attachment (which may not get so mangled).
>
> peter
>

> ** Not in OWL 2 DL
> *** Not in OWL 2
>
> S1 	skos:Concept is an instance of owl:Class.
> Declaration( Class(skos:Concept) )
>
> S2 	skos:ConceptScheme is an instance of owl:Class.
> Declaration( Class(skos:ConceptScheme) )
> S3 	skos:inScheme, skos:hasTopConcept and skos:topConceptOf are each
> instances of owl:ObjectProperty.
> Declaration( ObjectProperty(skos:inScheme) )
> Declaration( ObjectProperty(skos:hasTopConcept) )
> Declaration( ObjectProperty(skos:topConceptOf) )
> S4 	The rdfs:range of skos:inScheme is the class skos:ConceptScheme.
> PropertyRange(skos:inScheme skos:ConceptScheme)
> S5 	The rdfs:domain of skos:hasTopConcept is the class
> skos:ConceptScheme.
> PropertyDomain(skos:hasTopConcept skos:ConceptScheme)
> S6 	The rdfs:range of skos:hasTopConcept is the class skos:Concept.
> PropertyRange(skos:hasTopConcept skos:Concept)
> S7 	skos:topConceptOf is a sub-property of skos:inScheme.
> SubPropertyOf(skos:topConceptOf skos:inScheme)
> S8 	skos:topConceptOf is the owl:inverseOf the property
> skos:hasTopConcept.
> InverseProperties(skos:topConceptOf skos:hasTopConcept)
>
> S9 	skos:ConceptScheme is disjoint with skos:Concept.
> DisjointClasses(skos:ConceptScheme skos:Concept)
>
> S10 	skos:prefLabel, skos:altLabel and skos:hiddenLabel are each
> instances of owl:DatatypeProperty.
> Declaration( DataProperty(skos:prefLabel) )
> Declaration( DataProperty(skos:altLabel) )
> Declaration( DataProperty(skos:hiddenLabel) )
> S11 	skos:prefLabel, skos:altLabel and skos:hiddenLabel are each
> subproperties of rdfs:label.
> ** SubPropertyOf( skos:prefLabel rdfs:label )
> ** SubPropertyOf( skos:altLabel rdfs:label )
> ** SubPropertyOf( skos:hiddenLabel rdfs:label )
> S12 	The rdfs:range of each of skos:prefLabel, skos:altLabel and
> skos:hiddenLabel is the class of RDF plain literals.
> PropertyRange( skos:prefLabel rdf:Text )
> PropertyRange( skos:altLabel rdf:Text )
> PropertyRange( skos:hiddenLabel rdf:Text )

[snipp]