Re: The specification has been updated

Boris,

one comment on the 'at risk feature' for XMLLiteral. Forgive me if I
comment on something for which I was not present at the discussion, I
just went through the IRC minutes. But the comment says:

'This datatype might be removed from OWL 2 if the users and implementors
of OWL 2 do not express support to the datatype.'

the way I read this is that the intention is to remove this datatype
unless somebody explicitly comes up and asks for it. This is in quite a
contrast with, say, the comment for rationals which simply says that if
there are major implementation issues then (and only then) would we
remove this datatype. Is this really the result of the discussion?

I would propose to change this comment to essentially the same as for
rationals, ie, that if there are major implementation issues with
XMLLiteral, we would remove it (and, actually, the remark may also make
it clear that, as far as I understand, OWL 2 Full _will_ have this
datatype anyways, per remark of Michael, so we are talking about
removing it from OWL DL only...)

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/