Re: RDF features in OWL 2

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de> wrote:
> I still don't understand it. Do you mean that one should be allowed to
> treat, for example, rdf:value in the same way as every other /unreserved/
> URI? So rdf:value may, for example, be declared as a class, can occur in
> equivalenceClass axioms, etc.?

Yes, that would be my starting assumption.

> Or should there be still constraints in OWL 2
> that restrict the use of rdf:value in certain ways (currently, such
> restrictions exist in the form that rdf:value cannot be used at all)?

I'm not sure - I was hoping someone might comment on whether there
were problems that arise with such usage. We've already established
that the list vocabulary is a problem.

However a middle point would be to allow the use of select rdf
properties: subject,object,predicate,member,value,_1,_2,..._n as owl
properties, as long as they were further specialized to be object,
data, or annotation properties, and for select classes:
statement,container,alt,bag,seq to be used as long as they were
further declared to be owl classes.

I suggest this as a way of having fewer rdf documents be unable to be
coerced to OWL, realizing that the cost is perhaps further disparity
between the entailments of OWL Full and OWL DL.

-Alan