Re: Some comments on the Primer document

Bijan Parsia wrote:

>> 2. I am on record saying that I would like to have Turtle added to
>> this document as an alternative (and much more readable) syntax. I
>> want to put my money where my mouth is, so I will try to make a turtle
>> version of the RDF/XML ontology in the appendix; I hope to do that
>> before the f2f. Is that o.k. with you?
>
> Feel free, but I remind you that I'm aiming for automated translation,
> so your effort might be wasted work, in some sense. I'm also still
> thinking about the particular example and whether it's ideal.
>
> (Indeed, autotranslating the whole ontology is easy, it's doing the
> individual fragments that's a bit of a pita..not hard, merely a touch
> tedious. If having the whole ontology translated would suffice for you I
> can run the owl api and do it.)

My ideal would be to have the turtle be integral part of the document,
just like RDF/XML and the rest. Autotranslating is indeed doable, though
probably one would have to massage to output a bit to make it more
readable. But, of course, doing the individual fragment that is, well,...

O.k. Then let me turn the question back to you:-): what can I do to help
this process?

ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/