Re: Data property axioms in EL++ [ was Re: Review of Fragments Doc for ACTION-110 ]

Hi Mike,

I send this in Cc: to the list.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Michael Smith wrote:

> Carsten,
>
> The comment below got no reply on the WG list.  Can you verify that the
> axioms are permissible?

DisjointDataProperties are completely harmless and can be allowed. A
lot of the other EL++ data stuff in the fragments document is broken
and gives rise to intractability (will write more later).

Regarding DisjointObjectProperties: this can also be allowed (is
harmless due to the non-structural restrictions in OWL 1.1 that we
also adopt for EL++). Same holds for IrreflexiveObjectProperty and
AsymmetricObjectProperty. All of them should be allowed.

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *