Negative object/data property assertions in EL++

From: Evren Sirin <evren@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:59:15 -0400
To: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

I see that negative object/data property assertions are explicitly
disallowed in the EL++ fragment. But one can express

NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion(p a b)

as

DisjointClasses(ObjectOneOf(a) ObjectHasValue(p b))

which is allowed in EL++. Same is possible for data property assertions
using DataHasValue restriction. So I'm wondering if disallowing negative
property assertions in EL++ is necessary.

Regards,
Evren

PS: I've added a review comment in the fragments document regarding this.