Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-12

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-12
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:44:30 -0400

> On Mar 18, 2008, at 9:32 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
> > 2/ Annotations on axioms that generate a fresh blank node put the
> >    annotation on that blank node, as is done already for negative
> >    property assersions
> >    e.g.,  DisjointClasses(Annotation(a "bar") c1 c2 c3) becomes
> >    	  _:x rdf:type owl11:AllDisjointClasses
> > 	  _:x owl11:members SEQ(c1 c2 c3)
> > 	  _:x a "bar"
>

> > 3/ Other annotations on axioms that generate multiple triples (e.g.,
> > EquivalentObjectProperties) result in the triples being reified and
> >    each annotation attached to each of the reified triples.
>
> For such cases as EquivalentObjectProperties, can we not add an extra
> fresh blank bnode to the set of entities and then use approach 2? On the
> DL-side this can be ignored, on the full side, as existential it is
> satisfied by any other element of the set.
>
> -Alan

You mean adding a new anonymous property - one that cannot be used in
assertions?  This is intriguing in some sense, but the idea of "adding"
new entities is a bit scary.  As well, there is then the same issue of
where the annotation gets attached on the reverse mapping and how to
distinguish it from entity annotations.