Proposal to resolve ISSUE-81

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:47:53 -0400
To: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

To resolve this issue I propose that NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion
be transformed into the equivalent class assertion. In order to
support tools that wish to preserve the presentation of this axiom as
NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion we use the axiom annotation mechanism
with a new annotation property: syntaxHint.  syntaxHint would be
considered optional - not all tools need serialize using it, nor all
tool pay attention to it.

So

NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion(hasMother John Mary)

Is translated in to

ClassAssertion(
   Annotation(syntaxHint NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion)
   John ObjectAllValuesFrom(hasMother ObjectComplementOf(ObjectOneOf
(Mary))))

-Alan

meta: ISSUE-103