Re: XML Serialization (xml comment, schema)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:18:27 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: alanruttenberg@gmail.com, public-owl-wg@w3.org

> > The set was in the wrong direction (I was using for testing, as you had alr
> eady reverted to the prior version - why?)
>
> So that I could run the document through an XML Schema validator.

I hear, again, a distant bell tolling for the wiki.  :-)

Still, I think I have figured out a super-hack workaround.

I made a template LT which is the character <.   Then I redid the XML
comments from <!-- to {{LT}}!--.   This makes the wiki software no
longer treat them as comments, and just transmit them as text.

Now, to get the schema itself, you need the special URL:

   http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/OWL_XML_Schema&action=raw&ctype=application/xml&templates=expand

We'll need to add "application/xml" to the list of allowed media types.
For now, it will ignore that parameter with that value and send it as
text/x-wiki [1].  But the bytes transmitted seem okay, I think.

Now, I think we want that URL to appear in non-wiki namespace, as
something like
   http://www.w3.org/2008/owl11xml
which I have done with some .htaccess hackery.

Does this solve our schema/wiki problems?

(i've ignored questions of namespace -vs- schema location /
namespace-document -vs- schema.)

   -- Sandro

[1]   http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_index.php