Re: proposal to close ISSUE-102

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:27:24 +0000
Cc: "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "'Peter F. Patel-Schneider'" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: "Boris Motik" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>

On 13 Mar 2008, at 09:52, Boris Motik wrote:
[snip]
> BTW, I fully support Peter's proposal for resolution of ISSUE-102,
> with an amendment to also update the grammar to use the
> annotationProperty nonterminal instead of annotationURI and to
> change the diagrams and the XML serialization accordingly. If
> everybody agrees, I can change the spec over the weekend.
[snip]

I support this strongly.

I understand Boris' argument for why things are the way they are in
the current spec, but I think on balance (including backwards
compatibility *and* user request, among other considerations) making
the annotationURI/properties first class citizens is required.