Re: OWL Primer

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:10:08 -0500 (EST)
To: alanruttenberg@gmail.com
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Subject: OWL Primer
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:52:03 -0500

> We had our UFDTF meeting this morning, and the strong majority view was
> to go ahead an aim for publishing the Primer in our next round of
> drafts, which need to be published by April 8. Deb was the sole
> objector, but the objection was really calling for more work on the
> overview(which we discussed and will discuss further) than disagreeing
> with the idea of publishing the Primer per se.
>
> That means the Primer is open for review and discussion. Action is on
> Peter/Bijan to move it to the wiki, now that arbitrary html is enabled
> (Sandro asks that we use it sparingly). I'll add it to the agenda for
> this week.

> Once the Primer is on the wiki, Peter/Bijan will send out a note where
> to find it.

I tried to move the document to the WG Wiki at
	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Primer
but something in the Wiki processing breaks the active parts of the
document.  I'm not sure how to proceed, as I know very little about the
inner brokenness of Wiki systems.

Meanwhile, the current version of the Primer can (as usual) be found at
	http://www.webont.org/owl/documents/primer.html
This should do for the current purposes of the WG.

> Regards,
> Alan

peter