Re: RDF/XML shorthand for RDF reification

On 26 Jun 2008, at 14:35, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
[snip]
> Thanks for the example.
> I agree that care would need to be taken. It seems that what needs
> to be avoided are collisions.

That solves one problem by introducing another. Data URIs might help.

> Allocating unique names is a fairly common practice these days - a
> combination of mac address, system time in milliseconds , and a
> reasonably sized random salt should be sufficient to ensure
> uniqueness.

Uhm...so what happens to my annotations? Imports? If I serialize it
twice I end up with distinct subjects to my annotations. Or if people
downstream rely on those names which are "merely" syntactic...bleah!

> What about the other way around - the "same" axiom having multiple
> differently named reifications - this would seem to be analogous to
> the current bnode case?

Seems worse.