Re: RDF/XML shorthand for RDF reification

I was actually surprised to see that Peter was right:-) I must admit
that I thought myself that the rdf:nodeId could also be used in that
position (generating a blank node for the reified statement) but, indeed,

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-reifying

refers to rdf:ID only. Having said that (and that may be the reason) I
do not think I have ever seen this rdf:ID+reification trick ever used in
practice...

As both Alan and Peter said: this is independent on whether the reified
triple should appear in the RDF graph explicitly or not. Actually (I am
sorry Alan...) I do not think any RDF/XML syntax trick (whether there is
a remedy or not) has any relevance here. Indeed, we should not rely on
the particularities, oddities, etc, of one particular RDF serialization
and we should keep to the RDF model. For the record, I believe Alan is
right and we should have that extra triple in the graph; I saw no reason
why we wanted to differentiate ourselves from RDFS/OWL Full semantics at
that point...

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/