W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-owl-wg@w3.org > June 2008

Re: Agenda for TC 18/06/2008

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:13:25 -0400
Message-Id: <7C98227F-86FD-41EF-9BF7-F96C8054D217@gmail.com>
To: "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Here's the further edited agenda.

Regarding the issue of naming the fragments, the contenders seem to  
be the one and two letter variants - try them on to see what they  
feel like, and bring an opinion to the meeting.

The general discussion is on the built-in datatypes, specifically as  
informed by the recent work of Ian and Boris. Please review their  
paper, and the issue description (which points to it) at http:// 
www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/126

Regards,
Alan


    ADMIN (20 min)
      Roll call
      Agenda amendments?

      PROPOSED: Accept [http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-06-04- 
v2 Previous Previous Minutes (04 June)]
      PROPOSED: Accept [http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-06-11- 
v2 Previous Minutes (11 June)]
      F2F3 - Boston/MIT July 28,29 2008 - Please indicate via the
      F2F3_People F2F3-People page whether or not you intend to
      participate Action items status

        [http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/actions/pendingreview  
Pending Review Actions]
          Action 160	Add easy keys and Top and Bottom role to the  
spec / Boris Motik

        [http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/actions/overdue Due and  
overdue Actions]
          Action 42	Improve examples for rich annotations / Bijan Parsia

          Action 150 Create a new document as the spec for
          owl:internationalizedString / rif:text, including open issue
          discussion of namespace / Jie Bao

          Action 155 Write 1/2 of GRDDL pro/con document for
          presentation and vote in next f2f, Sandro to own it at F2F /
          Ivan Herman

          Action 156 Respond to the email along the lines Bijan
          suggests above / Alan Ruttenberg

          Action 157 Confer with chairs list about how to get more
          information about what we need to do re: accessibility / Alan
          Ruttenberg

    Issues (40 minutes) - Address as many as possible during  
allocated time
      Proposals to Resolve Issues

        Issue 21 and Issue 24 Imports and Versioning, per
        [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/ 
0086.html
        Boris's email] and subsequent discussion. In summary: Issue 21
        was resolved by requiring the import target to be equal either
        to the ontology URI or to the version URI of the ontology to be
        imported. Issue 24 was resolved by saying that an import
        closure containing either two different versions of the same
        ontology or two ontologies that are explicitly asserted to be
        incompatible (via an owl:incompatibleWith annotation) should be
        considered syntactically invalid.

        Issue 109 OWL XML namespace -- new or reuse RDF namespace. Note
        that '''we should have read
        [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Jun/ 
0031.html
        Ivan's email]''' and be ready to vote on this issue.

        Issue 112 per
        [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Jun/ 
0115.html
        Boris's email] (top role added to spec)

      Other Issue Discussions

        Issue 108 Need to name the OWL Profiles (see
        [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/ 
0120.html
        Rinke's email] amongst others). Current top choices are the one
        and two letter suffix names. Straw poll?

        Issue 67 and Issue 81 Reification (see
        [http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Reification_Alternatives wiki
        page on Reification Alternatives])

        Issue 116 Should Axiomatic Triples added to OWL-R Full?

    General Discussion (20 min)
      Issue 126 list of normative datatypes should be revisited.  
Related: Issue 87,

    Additional other business (10 min)

== Regrets ==
    Carsten Lutz (travelling)
    Sandro Hawke (travelling)

''back to'' Meetings

== Call in details ==
    Date of Call: Wednesday June 18, 2008
    Time of Call: [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/? 
year=2008&month=06&day=18&hour=17&min=0&sec=0 1700 UTC], 10:00 (West  
US), 13:00 (East US), 18:00 (London), 19:00 (Paris)
    Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
    Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
    Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
    Participant Access Code: 69594# (OWLWG)
    IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #owl ([irc:irc.w3.org: 
6665/owl])
    Web-based IRC (member-only): http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc  
(Firefox IRC addon: [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ 
16 chatzilla])
    Duration: 90 minutes
    Chair: Alan Ruttenberg Alan Ruttenberg
    Scribe: User:Peter Patel-Schneider Peter F. Patel-Schneider  
(Scribe_List Scribe List)
    Link to Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference. 
2008.06.18/Agenda
Received on Tuesday, 17 June 2008 17:14:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 17 June 2008 17:14:08 GMT