Re: One comment on RDF mapping [related to ISSUE 67 and ISSUE 81]

On 13 Jun 2008, at 02:49, Alan Wu wrote:

> Bijan,
>
> Sorry for the delayed response.
>
> Seems that we don't quite agree on the how much additional cost by
> leaving axiom triples out.
> I am glad to see at least we agree that it requires a more
> sophisticated  implementation. :) Can I  ask the WG then to simply
> the mapping so that unsophisticated developers like me
> have an easier time implementing OWL2 in a commercial product. I
> believe that is a very reasonable
> request.

It needs to be balanced by other considerations. As I've pointed out,
it's not clear at all to me that in the situation you've outlined
(lots of annotated triples in a large kb) that you can *avoid* the
need for a sophisticated implementation. If people are querying for
annotations, you have to do something to cope with mapping the
reified triples to the non-reified one. Better to do that at load time.

Plus, there's a clear bit of advice for people to optimize loading:
Don't randomize your triples.