ISSUE-124: Proposal to rename URI in RDF mapping of datarange complements [WAS: RDF mapping of datarange complements brings problem for DL/Full relationship]

From: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:46:52 +0200
To: <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
[related to ISSUE-124]

Peter F. Patel-Schneider answered to me on Thursday, June 05:

>OK, if you keep the same meaning for owl:complementOf for datatypes and
>you keep the same RDF mapping for datatype complements, then you do get
>this result.
>
>The solution is then to change one of the premises, and I'm perfectly
>happy modifying the RDF mapping.
>
>peter

So, as discussed at the last telco, I propose to change the RDF mapping for
datarange complements from currently

  _:x rdf:type rdfs:Datatype
  _:x owl:complementOf T(DR)

  _:x rdf:type rdfs:Datatype
  _:x owl:datatypeComplementOf T(DR)

This naming seems coherent, since we then always talk about "datatype"s in
the context of datarange (or datatype) restrictions:

  * ... rdf:type rdfs:Datatype
  * ... owl:onDatatype ...
  * ... owl:datatypeComplementOf ...

Cheers,