Re: Representation of Negative Assertions in OWL 1.0

On Jun 8, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Kashyap, Vipul wrote:

>>> Individual(Sarkozy type(Restriction(isPresidentOf allValuesFrom
>>> (complementOf(oneOf(USA))))))
>>
>> what about:
>>
>> Individual(Sarkozy
>> type(ObjectComplementOf(ObjectAllValuesFrom(isPresidentOf
>> ObjectOneOf(USA))))) ???

It may be intuitive, but I don't believe it captures what you want.
It says that Sarkozy can't only be the the president of the USA.
However he could be president of both the USA and France.

I've put these examples in an OWL file. If you classify it you will
see that the previous two expressions (from earlier emails) are
determined to be equivalent, and that there is no inconsistency in
making Sarkozy a president of both USA and France, as I have done in
the example.

http://purl.org/science/owl2/examples/president.owl

Best,
Alan