Re: Action-166 Draft sketch of how to serialize rdf annotation spaces - separate files

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Subject: Action-166 Draft sketch of how to serialize rdf annotation spaces - separate files
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 02:20:38 -0400

> After some thought I have proposed a scaled down version of Rich annotations based on ideas from Bijan's proposal and a paper by a few people we know:
>
> http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/people/boris.motik/pubs/dhmgh08-metalevel-information.pdf
>
> Details at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Annotation_system_2
>
> -Alan

I am puzzled as to why the separation of the serialization into two
files.

What problems is this split serialization supposed to solve?
What benefits does this split serialization provide?

I have a number of other questions, but I don't think that there is
any reason to discuss these other questions until the two-file question
is discussed.  I don't see any discussion of this in the minutes of 09
July 2008.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research