RE: RDF/XML shorthand for RDF reification

Hi Peter!

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>I'm not sure that I believe this.
>
>I think that one consequence of using the shorthand would be that an
>annotated axiom might not entail itself in OWL Full.
>
>For example, how would one arrange it so that
>
>SubClass(Label("Foo") A B)
>
>entails
>
>SubClass(Label("Foo") A B)
>
>in the OWL Full arena?

I am not certain that I correctly understand the question. In general (by
Simple Semantics) every RDF graph entails itself. So as long as a DL axiom
has a mapping to RDF, the respective RDF graph entails itself in OWL Full.

In the case of your example axiom above, the RDF mapping would be (but using
a URI instead of a bNode for the axiom):

  ex:axiom rdf:type owl:Axiom
  ex:axiom rdf:subject A
  ex:axiom rdf:property rdfs:subClassOf
  ex:axiom rdf:object B
  ex:axiom rdfs:label "Foo"^^xsd:string

The RDF/XML serialization would be pretty compact in this case, but this is
has no impact on OWL Full, which only deals with the (abstract) RDF graph.