Re: ISSUE-94 (n-ary constucts and RDF): Problem with roundtripping when going from functional-style syntax into RDF and back

Well... You might think that the issue is only for complicated URIs like
http://a.b.c/?qqq&www (which may indeed be a pathological case for a
property name) but it is not. We (ie, W3C) had long discussions in the
past few months with IPTC[1] who, for historical reasons, have a bunch
of URI-s of the form http://a.b.c/123 (ie, with numerals at the end of
the URI string), but they would like to use RDF & co for, eg, their
definition of NewsML[2]. Ie, they may have very good reasons to use
property names of this form in an ontology.

Ie: I would be cautious in introducing such restriction...

Ivan

[1] http://www.iptc.org
[2] http://www.newsml.org/pages/index.php

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/