Re: Action-67 some examples on b-nodes issues and their impact on users

Hi Peter, Ivan, Bijan,

Thanks for joining the discussions. It seems that we also need an
example to illustrate the difference of the two semantics in terms of
entailment checking.

Let me extend the example as follows. Given an ontology O (about
friends) which consists of the following axioms:

hasFriend(Bob,Chris)
hasFrinnd(Bob,:_1)
hasAge(:_1,"26"^^xsd:integer)

Now the question is to check if O entails that Bob has at least two friends.

- Under semantic 1) (existentially quantified variables), the answer of
the above entailment checking is false.

- Under semantic 2) (skolem constants), the answer of the above
entailment checking is true.

Comments/Further examples are welcome.

Jeff