Re: Minutes of the Jan. 23 meeting are ready for review

Hi Michael,

What do you think of this reformulation:
If you have sent a meeting regret to the chairs (or added it to the
agenda), and your name is ''not'' listed in the Regrets section of the
minutes. You can add your name silently, i.e. without informing the
chairs or the scribe. See [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Jan/0330.html
].

(without the infamous 'should')

Although reviewing the minutes is really important, the preparation of
the minutes is primarily a responsibility of the scribe. Adding your
name is not an obligation.

Rather, by accepting minutes that do not carry your name in the
regrets section, you officially turn your 'absent with regrets' into a
'absent without notification', which may have influence on your
standing. I.e. adding your name is a wise thing to do.

-Rinke

On 25 jan 2008, at 16:48, Michael Schneider wrote:

> Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
>> Guidance on these sorts of things would be useful.  In
>> particular, there
>> is no guidance http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Meetings on how
>> to record
>> regrets.  Perhaps Michael could edit the page.  :-)
>
> Ok, inofficial action finished. ;-)
>
> I have created a page "Minutes Review Conventions"
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Minutes_Review_Conventions
>
> and added a link to the "Meetings" page (just alongside the two
> other links
> "Etiquette" and "Scribe Conventions"). The new page only has a
> section about
> adding regrets at the moment. I hope the title of the new page makes
> sense.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
>> peter
>>

>> From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: Minutes of the Jan. 23 meeting are ready for review
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:49:48 -0500
>>

>>> While we (the chairs) attempt to monitor and add regrets to the
>>> agenda, we much prefer if you can do it yourself, as we have quit a
>>> few bits of administrivia to take care in addition to regrets.
>>>
>>> -Alan

>> the last
>> Will the

> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
> FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik Karlsruhe
> Abtl. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
> Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
> Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
> Email: Michael.Schneider@fzi.de
> Web  : http://www.fzi.de/ipe/eng/mitarbeiter.php?id=555
>
> FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik an der Universität Karlsruhe
> Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
> Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
> Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
> Vorstand: Rüdiger Dillmann, Michael Flor, Jivka Ovtcharova, Rudi
> Studer
> Vorsitzender des Kuratoriums: Ministerialdirigent Günther Leßnerkraus

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands