Re: A comment on the Primer draft, part 1 Introduction

I am unsure of the status of this document - my previous
understanding was that it was being shown as an example of what the
technology would allow (i.e. diferent syntax options) now it seems to
be being reviewed as a WG document.  I have many issues with it, Ivan
notes a couple below, and I have others -- but the key thing is I
have not seen a WG dicussion of this approach to the primer, nor
discussion of whether a single document like this complies to the
charter.  So somehow it has gone from an experiment in documentation
to being discussed as a proposed document.  I don't know if it is
proposed as rec track or not, and I don't see appropriate discussion
of its relation to the OWL 1.0 documents that it proposes to replace
(the Guide, for example, is more comprehensive than this).
  Traditionally one does not review a document until the WG has
reached some consensus that they want that document to exist - and I
don't see that discussion having been resolved at this point.
  I'm sorry if I seem obstructionist, but I believe things are being
pushed through this WG way faster, and with less consensus than WG
process would seem to indicate, and I believe that organizations that
are in the minority are not being appropriately listened to.  My
organization has made this concern in private to the WG chair, and in
this case I wish to explain, in public, why I am unhappy with the way
the documents outside of the OWL 1.1 submission, although mandated by
our charter, are not being appropriately discussed.
  So, in light of the above,  I want to make it clear that:
   I believe the Working Group is reviewing a document that has not
been appropriately discussed or developed via the W3C process, nor do
I yet see compelling evidence that this document is compliant with
the WG charter.
   -Jim Hendler
   AC rep
   RPI