A comment on the Primer draft, section 2.1 Databases.

From: Alan Wu <alan.wu@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:20:04 -0500
To: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Bijan, Peter,

A small comment on section 2.1 Databases part. I agree with you that
completeness of information is
a very important factor that distinguishes OWL from DB. However, I am
not so sure it is the most critical one.
In my mind, the structure of data, completeness of information,
requirement on flexibility of schema
(or adaptability to changes in general) and explicit constraint
enforcement are all critical factors in determining
favoring one data modeling over the one.

Thanks,

Zhe