Re: Consensus on ISSUE-73 (was Re: Universal Property)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:02:34 +0000
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> In the discussion we had on this issue, IIRC, your position was that
> both sides of the argument had been adequately made, and you didn't
> think that further discussion would change anything. Had you stated
> otherwise, we would have not voted and instead moved the issue to
> discussion. Please correct me if I remember this incorrectly.

This is correct.

I still doubt the value of further discussion; we seem to be talking at
cross-purposes.

I was (or might have been) under a misunderstanding of the process - it
will take me a little while to determine how to operate in a 'formally
object or abstain' model.

My main worries about this issue are to do with my sense of 'talking at
cross-purposes' might be indicative of a larger problem.

Jeremy