Proposal to close ISSUE-83 and ISSUE-8

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:23:17 +0000
To: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

These are both about property chains. 83 about having object property
chains on both sides of subproperty axiom and 8 about having some
data properties in property chain axioms.

I thought that ISSUE-83 was already closed by:
	http://www.w3.org/mid/8B922423-FFBC-4770-9B44-560AC519B559%
2540gmail.com
but it's still open in the tracker.

Peter proposed closing ISSUE-8 along the same lines:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Dec/0154.html

And that seems exactly right. I see no support from implementors (nor
strong outcry from users). If it gets implemented in some reasoner
before we go to last call, we could always reopen the issue on that
new information. There is already syntax available for it, so as an
extension to OWL 1.1 from the non-reasoner tool perspective, it is
pretty low impact.