Re: completeness

I personally have no problem with saying "if you mess with the OWL
vocabulary, you are on your own" (or whatever polite way we say Don't)
-- I think in OWL 1.0 we wasted a lot of time worrying about border
cases of this kind, and in practice it is rarely done - most people
understand that if you mess with the reserved vocabularies in most
languages you get screwed, and I haven't seen anyone demanding the
ability to do - it is great fun to come up with cases that do all
sorts of neat things and this is no different for the fragment than
for the whole language - for example owl:Thing owl:sameAs owl:Nothing
made for some neat results in (previous versions of) Pellet.

On Feb 28, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2008, at 6:10 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> Note: I have not thought much about the pD* treatment of owl:sameAs
>> as
>> it relates to messing with the OWL vocabulary.
>
> We have some choices in defining this fragment. OWLPrime advocates:
> Do you really want to be able to mess with the OWL vocabulary,
> considering that it opens up all sorts of possibilities for trouble?
>
> -Alan

it?." - Albert Einstein

Tetherless World Constellation Chair
Computer Science Dept