Re: Agenda for teleconference Wednesday February 27th, 2008

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:16:51 -0500 (EST)
To: ewallace@cme.nist.gov
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

From: Evan Wallace <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Subject: Re: Agenda for teleconference Wednesday February 27th, 2008
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:33:24 -0500

> Boris' action ( documented in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Feb/0129.html) updated the text of
> the structural specification document to allow datatypeRestrictions only on datatypes.  I am uncomfortable with this new
> constraint, although I understand this was decided at last week's telecon (I was out sick).

What would you prefer?

The syntax restriction was put in to prevent constructs like:

   DatatypeRestriction(DataComplementOf(xsd:integer)
                       minExclusive "1"^^xsd:integer)

whose meaning is, at best, unclear.

> In any case, the action isn't
> complete because the metamodel in figure 5, such as it is, hasn't been updated to match this new constraint.

Figure 5 was updated by Boris in 20 February.  It appears to me that the
current version of the figure corresponds to the current version of the
syntax (modulo the facet and value being valid for the datatype).

> -Evan

peter