Re: completeness

Alan,

The biggest motivation for Oracle is to see a standardization of a
fragment that allows efficient and scalable, rule-based implementation.
I guess I have repeated this enough times :)

Scalability can be fuzzy sometimes. It depends on many factors. However,
in this particular context, many users are demanding reasoners be able
to handle RDF graphs with hundreds of millions of triples or billions of
triples. So we have a concrete requirement indeed. I haven't heard any
request for handling trillions of triples. Not yet.

In terms of "completeness," I think pD* rules are complete (correct me
if I am wrong on this please). And I think pD* vocabulary covers all the
core requirements Oracle sees on the field. pD* vocabulary also covers
most of RDFS 3.0 based on which OWLPrime is founded. Oracle 11g RDF/OWL
*product* supports pD* by the way.

So one way to measure completeness of a product is check # of rules
implemented. If we have a complete set of rules for a fragment and if
one implementation implemented all the rules, then it is complete,
right? Assume there is no bugs of course.

I hope this helps,

Zhe