RE: Fragments discussion, continued

Hello,

I agree with this proposal in most of its main points; however, I do believe that there is a strong case for adding DLP to the list
of the official fragments. Here is why I believe that this is so:

- DLP is distinguished by the fact that you can do reasoning by looking only at the individuals explicitly introduced in the
ontology. Many simple implementations of OWL will actually implement precisely this fragment.

- DLP seems to be the perfect vehicle for explaining the relationship between OWL Prime and the DL fragments. The reasoning in OWL
Prime is also done by just considering the individuals explicitly present in the ABox, so there is a natural correspondence between
it and DLP.

In fact, in view of my latter statement, we might think of having an OWL Prime/DLP fragment: OWL Prime would be the RDF face and DLP
would be the DL face of the same fragment. Please note that I do not propose to use these names; the name "DLP" as such is not
important to me. I just believe that, even on the DL side, there is a strong case for having a fragment such as DLP.

Regards,

	Boris