Re: OWL Full proposal (sort of) - addressing my Action

just as another data point, one of the reasons Richard and I developed
the axiomatic semantics for DAML+OIL was that we needed a set of axioms
to put in our FOL reasoner  (JTP was a hybrid KIF-based reasoner that
supported special purpose axiom sets to be put in to produce special
purpose reasoners).
we simply needed the axiom set to do our work.
(and as peter pointed out earlier, we did that work before the RDF
semantics documents came out so the work required best guesses when we
were attempting to make some issues precise enough to put into axioms).

after doing the work, we received some number of comments from other
groups who also needed axiom sets saying they found the work quite useful.

deborah

ps.  i will need to call in late today as i have a meeting with the
provost.  i expect jim to represent rpi on the call today.