Re: different kinds of semantics

From: "Kashyap, Vipul" <VKASHYAP1@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject: RE: different kinds of semantics
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:35:53 -0500

> What about type checking in programming languages and databases?
> How could this be included (if at all) in the framework below?

I don't see that programming language semantics fits into this document
on semantics for representation and modelling formalism.  I did include
a little bit about semantics for databases in the model-theoretic
section.  I'm not sure where "algebraic" semantics for relational
databases would fit in.

> I know you have some papers comparing and contrasting type checking
> with model theory and Alex Borgida also has done some work on the same.

I'm not sure which papers you are referring to.

> Would be great to hear your thoughts on this issue.
>
> ---Vipul

peter

[...]