Re: Some editorial comments (Re: ISSUE-131: Preview of "unification")

Hi Ivan,

In fact we did *not* deprecate OWL Lite. This was ISSUE-107, resolved
as per Alan's email [1].

-Rinke

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Apr/0308.html

On 26 aug 2008, at 09:00, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Ian Horrocks wrote:
>>>
>>> - I do not want to reopen the profile naming discussion too much,
>>> but:-(
>>> Is it necessary to add the '2' to all profiles? I would have thought
>>> that 'OWL QL', 'OWL RL', etc, would be o.k. It would also make the
>>> rule
>>> representation a bit shorter: 'OWL RL/RDF' instead of 'OWL 2 RL/RDF'
>>
>> This would be fine for me -- there is no confusion because OWL 1
>> didn't
>> have these profiles. If others agree, then changing the document is a
>> trivial task.
>>

> On a slightly related note, but again editorial: afaik we agreed to
> deprecate OWL Lite. The text still refers to it at the beginning,
> but it
> does not really reflect this deprecation. I wonder whether this is
> something we should explicitly address in the profile document.
>
> Ivan
>

>> Ian
>>

>>> I guess that is for the moment after a first read through the
>>> text...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Ivan

>>> --
>>>
>>> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
>>> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
>>> PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
>>> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
>>

> --

> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands