Re: proposal to close ISSUE-137 (rdfstypesbackward): Table 4 in RDF mapping introduces incompatibility with OWL 1

On Aug 21, 2008, at 1:39 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I don't see anything in the issue record
>   http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/137
> that shows your repair or how to implement it.

You are right, I suggested the fix in previous emails and at the TC
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-08-13#line0510

I've added the pointers to the issue record.

The proposal was to modify the reverse mapping rules in table 4

In each of the "If G contains this pattern" where there are two
triples listed and one of them is either
x rdf:type rdfs:Class  or x rdf:type rdfs:Property, remove the other
triple. This effects all the entries but the first and last.

For example:

If G contains: rdf:type owl:InverseFunctionalProperty. x rdf:type
rdf:Property
Then delete from G:  x rdf:type rdf:Property

would change to:

If G contains:  x rdf:type rdf:Property
Then delete from G:  x rdf:type rdf:Property

-Alan