RE: ISSUE-141 (1subject): OWL-R Rules generate literals in subject position

From: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:04:00 +0200
To: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: "Boris Motik" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, "OWL Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
Ivan Herman wrote:

>Unfortunately, that would not be enough. The current rule set allows for
>functional datatype properties (third rule in table 4) that could lead
>to a
>
>"1"^^xsd:integer owl:sameAs "1"^^xsd:integer
>
>for example. :-(
>
>Ivan

You don't need functional properties for this. If there is any triple in the graph having the literal "1"^^xsd:integer in its object position, then you get the above RDF-invalid triple from applying the rules for owl:sameAs. See table 3, first row.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe