proposal to resolve issue-114 - Which combinations of punning should be allowed?

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:47:03 -0400
To: "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

I propose that we resolve issue 114 by allowing punning that occurs
in RDF, and no more. That is: Punning between individuals, classes,
and properties, but not between types that are distinguished in OWL,
but not in RDF.

This latter restriction matches much of the punning we currently
disallow - that between the various kinds of properties, and between
classes and datatypes. At the same time it does allows the requested
punning between properties and classes.

I am unaware of user requests for any other type of punning.

-Alan