RE: ACTION-178: What is ISSUE-116 (Axiomatic Triples for OWL R) about?

From: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:43:35 +0200
To: "Ian Horrocks" <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: "public-owl-wg Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "Zhe Wu" <alan.wu@oracle.com>

I just had a look: In addition to what exists in RDFS, OWL 2 Full will
(current state) contain 182 OWL specific axiomatic triples. For OWL RL
(Full) it would be a few less, because some vocabulary is missing, but it
would be approximately the same number (too lazy to count them now).

>This might be a serious burden on implementations and lead
>to a significant degradation in performance.
>
>I CCed Zhe on this in the hope that we can get a view on this from an
>OWL R implementer.

Yes, let's see what Zhe thinks!

>ian

Cheers,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe