Re: ISSUE-131 (OWL R Unification): Fundamental understanding problems

From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:18:35 +0100
Cc: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, "public-owl-wg Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>

Jim,

It is true that some details, particularly those related to
conformance, still need to be precisely specified, but it seems to me
that the unification proposal makes everything much less confused:
there would be just one rules profile (now called OWL-RL), and it
would behave in pretty much the way you describe below. In
particular, the unification proposal is designed to *avoid* the
craziness of a third semantics, which is exactly what we would have
if we left things as they are.

Ian