Re: ISSUE-131 (OWL R Unification): Fundamental understanding problems

Jim,

It is true that some details, particularly those related to
conformance, still need to be precisely specified, but it seems to me
that the unification proposal makes everything much less confused:
there would be just one rules profile (now called OWL-RL), and it
would behave in pretty much the way you describe below. In
particular, the unification proposal is designed to *avoid* the
craziness of a third semantics, which is exactly what we would have
if we left things as they are.

Ian