ACTION-169

From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 20:43:21 +0100
To: public-owl-wg Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

This is the response that Alan got from Deb:

Hi,

I would like to be able to say a number of things. In my inference
web work, I would like to be able to say about any triple  who told
it to the system,  and what the context was at that time  (date,
time, experiment conditions etc).
i further want to be able to say about some statement if i (or anyone
else) believes it and the truth value. I would like to be able to let
people such as wiki authors and users say in a (public or private)
encoding if they believe a statement or an author or a comment.

So i really want to be able to encode comments about comments. It
would be best if i could structure those comments in owl but if i
just had a comment option for ANY triple - including comment triples
- that would work.

That was why very long ago when pfps provided an early proposal that
allowed annotations on annotations to be first class objects, i
supported it.