RE: AW: Peter's slides about the MOF metamodel

From: Conrad Bock <conrad.bock@nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:45:19 -0400
To: "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "'Peter Haase'" <haase@fzi.de>
Cc: "'Boris Motik'" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Alan,

 >  Either:

 >  1) The Model is presented in one place, and portion of a document
 >  that defines a syntax explicitly gives how one maps from the syntax
 >  to the model or

This assumes we have one metamodel for multiple syntaxes, see disucssion
with Bijan.

 >  2) The Model that is presented interleaved with the functional style
 >  syntax models that syntax.

This is the case in the syntax document.  A model of that particular
syntax is inteleaved with the rest of the documentation on that syntax.

 >  The current situation asks for confusion. We have two different
 >  things presented as if they are one.

Sorry, didn't follow, are #1 and #2 the two things we're currently
doing?

Conrad