W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-owl-wg@w3.org > August 2008

Agenda for Teleconference.2008.08.06

From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:58:45 +0100
Message-Id: <CD133DB6-6937-4FC4-AC27-0D61D4EFE0CE@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
To: public-owl-wg Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

NOTE: please look at / review F2F3 minutes -- you will be asked to  
approve them (or not)

Teleconference.2008.08.06/Agenda

Call in details

When joining please don't identify yourself verbally; instead,  
Identify Yourself to ZAKIM on IRC

     * Date of Call: Wednesday August 6, 2008
     * Time of Call: 1700 UTC, 10:00 (West US), 13:00 (East US),  
18:00 (London), 19:00 (Paris)
     * Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
     * Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
     * Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
     * Participant Access Code: 69594# (OWLWG)
     * IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #owl  
([irc:irc.w3.org:6665/owl])
     * Web-based IRC (member-only): http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc  
(Firefox IRC addon: chatzilla)
     * Duration: 90 minutes
     * Chair: Ian Horrocks
     * Scribe: Bernardo Cuenca Grau (Scribe List)
     * Link to Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference. 
2008.08.06/Agenda

Agenda

     * Admin (20 min)
           o Roll call
           o Agenda amendments?
           o PROPOSED: Accept Previous Minutes (23 July)
           o PROPOSED: Accept Boston F2F Minutes Day 1 (28 July) and  
Day 2 (29 July)
           o Action items status
                 + Pending Review Actions
                       # Action 171 Analyze and comment on  
Annotation_System_2 / Boris Motik
                       # Action 175 Report back on names frameworks,  
naming options / Sandro Hawke
                       # Action 190 Send email to WG about review  
responsibilities for forthcoming working drafts / Ian Horrocks
                       # Action 191 Solicit RPI reviews of key  
documents / Jie Bao
                       # Action 176 Draft a comment on XML Schema  
Datatypes 1.1 draft / Peter Patel-Schneider
                 + Due and overdue Actions
                       # Action 162 Investigate top/bottom roles in  
dl-lite / Diego Calvanese
                       # Action 165 Investigate easy keys in dl- 
lite / Diego Calvanese
                       # Action 150 Initiate discussion with RIF WG  
and try to reach consensus / Jie Bao
                       # Action 170 Analyze and comment on  
Annotation_System_2 / Bijan Parsia
                       # Action 169 Ask Deb about nesting level of  
annotations on annotations / Alan Ruttenberg
                       # Action 168 Test our documents for  
accessibility with Robert Stevens / Bijan Parsia
                       # Action 173 Investigate Boris' IEEE  
reference, re linking floating point to real numbers / Alan Ruttenberg
                       # Action 174 Provide an rdf serialization for  
his rich annotation proposal / Bijan Parsia
                       # Action 178 Clarify what ISSUE-116 is about,  
considering splitting to clarify / Michael Schneider
     * Outcomes of and actions from Boston F2F (40 min)
           o Datatypes
                 + Issue 132 (Replace usage of "constant" with  
"literal" as defined by RDF and XML) resolved as per Boris's email
                 + Issue 126 (The list of normative datatypes should  
be revisited) resolved as per Boris's email
                       # We will use owl:real(Plus) as the name for  
the real numberline (plus "extra" values)
                       # The value spaces of xsd:float and xsd:double  
will be a subset of the value space of owl:realPlus (real numbers  
plus +/- inf, +/- zero, NaN). They will be discrete points in that  
space in line with XML Schema
                       # Decision on rational postponed pending  
decision on N-ary (don't need rational if we don't have N-ary)
                       # xsd:dateTime interpreted as XML Schema 1.1  
time line; mandatory time zone for constants (applications may apply  
non-standard repairs); need to decide if this will be called  
xsd:dateTime or owl:dateTime (see strawpoll)
                       # Structural equivalence of literals based on  
syntactic form
           o Annotations
                 + Bijan and Peter will produce a "specification  
standard" document by August 20th.
                 + Possible alternative based on Alan's proposal and  
Boris and Peter's paper
           o Profiles
                 + Issue 108 (Need to name the OWL Profiles); see  
proposal to resolve
                 + Issue 131 (We should unify OWL-R DL and OWL-R Full  
profiles); see strawpoll
                 + Issue 111 (There's no way to signal the intended  
semantics of an OWL document); see strawpoll
           o N-ary
                 + Bijan (?) will produce a "specification standard"  
document describing N-ary datatypes (see strawpoll)
                 + WG will decide how much of this doc to include in  
main spec (from zero to all)
                 + Anything left in N-ary document will be  
"optional" (roughly: MAY be supported; if supported SHOULD be as per  
this doc)
           o OWL Full
                 + Already have a good draft of RDF-based Semantics;  
will be frozen for review by 19th August
                 + Reviews from Jie, Peter and Zhe by 22nd August
                 + Resolved to publish on or around 1st September
           o MOF Metamodel (see slides)
                 + Generally liked, but some issues need more thought
                 + Probably add it an an appendix to the syntax document
           o User Facing Documents
                 + Reviewed snapshot of Quick Reference; still  
incomplete and not in card format
                       # Deb and Elisa to produce reasonably complete  
PDF by first week of September
                 + Reviewed first draft of Requirements
                       # Good progress made; Vipul, Evan, Christine  
and Jie to update (making shorter and tighter) within four weeks
           o Test Cases
                 + Some changes to test types needed (e.g., profiles  
tests)
                 + Hope to have OWL-1 tests imported into wiki within  
2-3 weeks
           o Manchester syntax
                 + Idea is to publish as a note (not rec track)
           o Publication Schedule
                 + On or about 15th September, publish new public  
working drafts of core docs, including: Syntax, Semantics, RDF-based  
Semantics, Mapping to RDF, Profiles, XML Syntax
                       # plus, maybe, Primer, other UFDs
                 + Reviews needed of all the above documents
                       # reviews due by 8 September
                 + Goal is to transition to last call at Cannes F2F  
in late October
     * Issues (25 minutes) - Address as many as possible during  
allocated time
           o Proposals to Resolve Issues
                 + Issue 108 Need to name the OWL Profiles; per email
           o Other Issue Discussions
                 + Issue 133 DL-Lite Profile modified to include UNA
                 + Issue 109 What is the namespace for elements and  
attributes in the XML serialization?
                 + Issue 130 Conformance, warnings, errors
                 + Issue 104 OWL 1.1 DL does not have a disallowed  
vocabulary
                 + Issue 118 Should bNodes in OWL 2 DL have  
existential or skolem semantics?
                 + Issue 129 Desirable to have rdf:list vocabulary  
available for use in modeling in OWL 2
     * General Discussion
     * Additional other business (5 min)
Received on Tuesday, 5 August 2008 16:59:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 5 August 2008 16:59:57 GMT