Re: ISSUE-108: Names for Profiles

Not caring about any particular name or pronunciation, I still think name
changes would really be in order. Main requirements are:

* unified naming: profile names should look somewhat similar in shape,
* avoid non-letter symbols ("+")
* avoid "Lite"

I would be happy with Bijan's one-letter version (E, D, R). At least these are
easily recognised as smaller profiles.

For a two-letter version, I would prefer: EL, DB, LP.
(Some of these might be too close to "DL")

Three-letter alternatives were already given by Bijan.

I prefer the one-letter names. They are least likely to be confused with each
other or other OWL versions, and they are uniform, easy to remember, and not
taken in the literature.

-- Markus

P.S.: I generally oppose the use of "OWL Rules" and anything very similar.
There are existing approaches (yes, including my own works, but also the
Protege plugin presented at OWLED DC [Gasse/Sattler/Haarslev]) that allow
much more rules/rule syntax in OWL 2. We should avoid the confusion. Also,
future OWL/RIF efforts may have to say more about rules for/with OWL.

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe