Re: lang tag stuff ISSUE-71

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:21:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: jjc@hpl.hp.com
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Subject: Re: lang tag stuff ISSUE-71
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:59:03 -0400 (EDT)

[...]

> Yes, this sort of thing is more palatable.  I suggest having a lang
> "facet" and then using the syntax for datatype restrictions.
>
> > Jeremy
>
> peter

Suggestion:

New datatype owl:plainLiteral (should really be rdfs:plainLiteral but we
can't do that) to be RDF plain literals.

New datatype facet (allowable only for owl:plainLiteral), lang, which is
a pattern matching against the lang bit of a plain literal, just as
pattern matches against string values.  Plain literals without language
tags would not match any lang pattern.

peter