RE: Raised but not yet accepted issues

From: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:11:26 +0200
To: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: "OWL Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Hi Alan!

I think we should talk about this principle in general. In the past, since
this "raise quietly" rule has been introduced, it happened several times
that issues got almost /not/ opened, simply because there were many people
who did not have any idea what these issues are about, while there were one
or two other people who opposed to them.

I would rather prefer to have a discussion /before/ the first telco. An
issue should get into the "open" state, if it is not non-sensical. If most
people do not have any clue about an issue, then such an issue may easily
happen to be regarded as non-sensical by most.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Michael