Re: Profiles intro

From: Alan Wu <alan.wu@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:50:12 -0400
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>, OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Bijan,

> Ok, I'll rephrase your point: Regardless of whether it's true or not,
> RDFishness is not helpful in distinguishing fragments and may cause
> extreme negative reactions. Thus, we should find other points for
> guidance.
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan.
Could you please elaborate on the extreme negative reactions?
Triple-friendly is indeed one of the features of OWL R. This allows
a plain triple store vendor to adopt/add some OWL easily. And I don't
see any harm in that.

Of course, I don't intend RDFishness to be *the* distinguishing point or
*the only" distinguishing point. OWL R, as designed, does
facilitate/encourage
implementations to materialize inference graph and consequently speed up
query execution.

Thanks,

Zhe