Re: Profiles intro

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 23:26:30 +0100
Cc: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>, OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Alan Wu <alan.wu@oracle.com>

On Apr 9, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Alan Wu wrote:
[snip]
>> That's fine, but scalability is a feature of *all* the fragments.
> I don't intend scalability to be a unique thing for OWL R at all. :)

Didn't think you were :)

My point is that they are all scalable, thus scalability isn't a
discriminator. Implementation technology *may* be, but it's not a
super-obvious one to most users.

Just to tie it back, my original point was the need to provide user
oriented guidance for selecting a profile (whether here or in the
primer).