Re: Profiles intro

From: Alan Wu <alan.wu@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:54:11 -0400
To: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
CC: Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>, OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

Like your suggestions! :)   I personally take 3) very seriously. In my
opinion, reasoning is seldom the ultimate goal when users build a
semantic application. It is the efficient query execution against large
amount of semantic data that adds a lot of value.

A few major motivations/design principles for OWL2 R as I see it.
- expressive & highly scalable
- easily understandable set of rules
- friendly to triple oriented technology
- allows rules-based forward chaining  [your point 2)]
- allows efficient query execution [your point 3)]

I need a bit more time to merge them into one of two sentences.

Thanks,

Zhe